- PAY YOUR TICKET: Most traffic infractions do not require a mandatory court appearance. You can pay the citation by mail, online, or in-person at the court. We accept cash, check, money orders, and major credit cards. If you have questions on when your citation is due, please contact the court within 14 days from the date of the citation.
- TRAFFIC PLEA IN ABEYANCE: This court offers a plea in abeyance agreement for simple traffic moving violations. You could qualify for a plea in abeyance if:
- This is your first moving violation in 1 year; AND
- You have a valid Utah Driver License (non-commercial).
You can call the court or come in during business hours to verify if you qualify for a plea in abeyance. Once the Court allows you to enter a Plea in Abeyance, we will provide you with a list of traffic school providers where you can complete the course. An abeyance fee of $25.00 will be applied to the fine. You are also responsible to pay any costs for the traffic school course to the provider you choose.
- SCHEDULE A HEARING: If you need a payment arrangement or wish to contest the violation, you can contact the court to schedule a court date.
- WITHDRAWAL OF PLEA(S): If you choose to withdraw a plea, you must file a motion to withdraw the plea(s) within 30 days of pleading guilty or no contest. Withdrawal of Plea(s)
Contact the court at (801) 255-4234.
See below for bailable & common traffic offenses
The Uniform Fine/Bail Schedule below may change at any time. For an updated Uniform Fine/Bail Forfeiture Schedule, please visit the Utah State Website.
Speeding Violations (MPH over the limit)
- 0-10 $120.00
- 11-15 $150.00
- 16-20 $200.00
- 21-25 $270.00
- 26-30 $370.00
- 31+ Mandatory court appearance
Speeding in School Zone
Mandatory Court Appearance
Other Moving Violations
- All passing violations $120.00
- Driving on the wrong side of the road (left of center) $120.00
- Improper lane change $120.00
- Failure to give signal $120.00
- Fail to yield right of way/failure to yield left turn $120.00
- Fail to yield to emergency vehicle $150.00
- Failure to stop for school bus $170.00
- Following too close $120.00
- Failure to maintain control $120.00
- Improper lookout $120.00
- Improper backing $120.00
- Failure to obey traffic control device $120.00
- Failure to stop for stop sign $120.00
- Careless driving $100.00
- HOV (high-occupancy vehicle) $250.00
**For all accidents add $30.00 to the original bail Negligent Collision $100.00
Seat belt violations
- Failure to wear seat belts $45.00
- Failure to use a child restraint $45.00
Common Driver's License and Vehicle Violations
- Expired driver's license $50.00 suspend $10.00 with proof of valid license
- No valid license in possession $50.00 dismiss upon proof of valid license
- Denied license $60.00 (mandatory court)
- Registration and other legal requirements: Improper registration $110.00
- No or expired registration $50.00
- Failure to display plates $50.00
- Faulty Equipment (vehicle unsafe) $50.00
To view the full Court Fine and Uniform Fine/Bail Forfeiture Schedule click on BAIL SCHEDULE