Most Midvale City business licenses expire on December 31. The business license fee for each calendar year is due at the end of the year and is considered past due after January 15. (SOB"s and Solicitation/Peddler Business Licenses expire one year from the date they were issued. Landlord Business Licenses expire August 31 and are due no later than September 15.)
Application to Renew Business License forms are mailed to businesses in November. However, it is your responsibility, as the business owner, to renew by February 15. If you do not receive your renewal form by mail you can contact the Business License Division at 801-567-7200.
If there are any changes to the business, such as owner information or the business has relocated or closed, please contact the Business Development Coordinator at 801-567-7200 so we can update our records.
The easiest way to renew your business license is online through Xpress Bill Pay, the premier provider for online renewal payment systems. This service is available 24/7 with no additional fees. To renew online complete the following steps:
- Go to www.XpressBillPay.com and click on “Create a new account.” (If you’ve already signed up with Xpress Bill Pay and have an account, you can log in with your email address and password rather than creating another account.)
- Follow the instructions on the screen: Enter your email address and a password of your choice. Then enter your contact information and business name to register your account.
- Once you’ve registered your account, Xpress Bill Pay will send an email to your email address to verify your email account. Open the email and follow the directions to verify your email address and enable your account.
- You will be redirected to the Xpress Bill Pay website to the “Add New Account” page. Type “Midvale City” in the “Find your billing organization” box then hit enter. Click on the Midvale City box that appears.
- Select the “Bill Type” as “Business License Renewal”. Enter your business account number (located on your current Business License) and last name as it appears on your Midvale City bill. Select “Locate Account”.
- When the information concerning the E-bill account is located, it will then display with the option to “Add Account”.
- Once you have verified that the information looks correct, select the “Add Account” button to finish linking your Business License Renewal account to your Xpress Bill Pay online account. You will then be able to view and manage your renewal account.
- To pay your renewal, select the green “Pay Now” button and follow the prompts to finish your transaction.
Renew in person
To renew in person, please visit the Community Development Department, located at Midvale City Hall, 7505 S Holden Street on the second floor. Please bring the “Application to Renew Business License” that was mailed to you. The office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Renew by mailTo renew by mail, send a check or money order, payable to “Midvale City” with your “Application to Renew Business License” form that was mailed to you. The address to send your renewal is:
Business Development Coordinator
7505 S Holden Street
Midvale, UT 84047
For more information, please contact the Business Development Coordinator at 801-567-7200.