Don’t Miss the Harvest Days Virtual Scavenger Hunt
July 27 through 30, 2020
Even though we can't be together to celebrate Harvest Days, the summer just isn’t the same without some type of celebration! After all, for more than 80 years, Midvale City has come together to celebrate the harvest of friendship and community found in the middle of everything. So, Midvale City is hosting the Harvest Days Virtual Scavenger Hunt from July 27 through July 30.
The scavenger hunt is designed to give everyone something fun, creative, and safe to do while social distancing. The hunt will begin at 8:00 a.m. on July 27 where teams of around five people will earn points by taking pictures and videos of themselves doing any number of things on a provided “mission” list. The scavenger hunt will end at 10:00 p.m. on July 30. Samples of missions include:
- Challenge someone to a bubblegum blowing contest. Post a picture of the biggest bubble!
- Yell "Andy's coming!" and have everyone collapse lifeless to the floor.
- Singing a boy band song with kitchen utensils.
- Find a photo of an Arts Council Hall of Honors Inductee and share the name and photo! For extra points, share something special about the inductee.
- Support a local business - Follow Hand & Stone Spa on Instagram at @HandAndStoneMidvale and thank them for donating to the hunt!
Depending on the action, participants can earn a varying number of points, and the team with the most amount of points at the end of the four days wins the grand prize. Other teams will be entered into a raffle to win additional prizes.
The scavenger hunt is run through the GooseChase app, and can be completed in English or Spanish. The GooseChase app is free and available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Once the app has been downloaded, players can join the hunt by entering a code. Visit www.MidvaleCity.org/ScavengerHunt AFTER JULY 7, 2020 to obtain the code and learn how to play!