Community Building Community
Midvale City began the Community-Building-Community Initiative (CBC) in 1998 to improve the general well being of Midvale residents. The CBC is a collaborative effort that brings together the stakeholders in the Midvale community, including the residents, in the planning process.
The CBC has set five goals and committees. Each committee is comprised of community members and service providers who identify barriers, problems, resources, and solutions.
1- HEALTH. Promotes health access for Midvale City Residents
- Mobile Dental Clinic
- GKSD Dental for children
- Mobile Medical Clinic (UPFH)
- MEDICAID/CHIP application Assistance
- Midvale Health Fair
- Diabetes Outreach
2- STABLE FAMILIES. Promotes stable family life, thru prevention classes and workshops.
- Soccer4Parenting/ Soccer for college
- Parenting Classes-Valley Mental H.
- Voices –Cornerstone/VOA (11-15)
- Living Skills –Cornerstone/VOA(7-11)
- Circle of friends-PPHAU (girls 14-18)
- Wise Guys-PPHAU(boys 12 to 18)
- Teen Connection
- Community Garden
3- EDUCATION. Promotes education and academic achievement among children and adults.
- ESL Classes
- Early Intervention Program “La Escuelita”
- Summer Reading Program
- Ballet Classes
- Civil Engagement classes
4- SAFETY. Promote solidarity in the neighborhood, thru workshops of codes of safety behavior.
- Cert (Spanish)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Neighborhood watch
- Car seat classes
- CPR/ First aid
5-INCOME. Provide classes and workshops to help families obtain economic independence
- Club de Madres - Sewing for Profit
- Financial/ Budgeting classes.
For more information please contact: