Neighborhood Block Parties
Sign up now
Neighborhood block parties are a fun way to meet neighbors, build friendships, and develop a sense of belonging and security among residents. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring the City, police, fire and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
Block parties are made up of a wide range of creativity ranging from simple neighborhood meetings to large neighborhood dinners with live entertainment. Some groups choose to close a neighborhood street while others hold events at city parks or in a neighbor’s yard. It does not require a large amount of money to make an event a success; many groups have pot-luck events where everyone in the neighborhood brings a favorite dish to share.
We are happy to assist you in this endeavor. Party organizers are encouraged to invite the Midvale City Council, Unified Police Department and Unified Police Department to attend their parties. Upon request, the City will also provide street barricades.
Space is limited and is available on a first-come-first-served basis
Contact 385-468-9350 to arrange a visit from the Mayor, City Council, staff, Unified Police Department and Unified Fire Authority.
Successful Block Party Ideas
- Get everyone involved. Ask your neighbors to join in on the planning. They will provide great suggestions for the block party. Help get the word out on the block. Build up interest by handing out flyers and recruit people to help get the block party set up.
- Get the word out early. Advertise early and often. Give your neighbors notice so they can schedule their activities around this date.
- Tell your neighbors on the flyer the kind of activities that are planned, to make it exciting and spark their interest such as free food, face painting, sidewalk chalk painting and raffles.
- Solicit donations from local businesses. This is their chance to make their advertising dollars work for them. Good will goes along way. Many businesses are willing to provide gift certificates, donate store items that can be raffled, provide coupons for refreshments.
- Create a block map. Make a master copy of your block map for everyone on your block so they can keep in touch. Find out about the talents and resources of the neighbors on your block.