Midvale City Housing Plan
The Redevelopment Agency is in the process of preparing the Midvale City Housing Plan. The Plan will be formulated using the housing goals outlined in the 2016 General Plan, and will incorporate current data, best practices, and public input to establish objectives and strategies for making progress over the next five-years on the City’s housing goals.
The Goals of the 2016 General Plan are as follows:
- Maintain and strengthen stable neighborhoods. This goal includes preserving the quality and character of existing neighborhoods; providing neighborhoods with better connectivity and access to recreational amenities; and ensuring that infill and adjacent development is compatible with the existing neighborhoods.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the existing housing stock in Midvale, and revitalize the physical and social fabric of neighborhoods that are in decline.
- Expand the variety of housing opportunities to allow for more choices in types and locations of residences. This includes providing for a mixture of housing sizes, densities, types and affordability in each area of the City.
- Support the development of more affordable housing in appropriate locations, i.e., near transit, retail commercial, schools and recreational amenities.
- Encourage higher density residential in appropriate locations in Opportunity Areas to create the market needed for viable commercial development.
- Continue to encourage a variety of housing types, sizes and pricing with new developments.
As a resident of Midvale City, you have a valuable perspective that will help us understand your experiences with housing. Therefore, the City will be conducting a robust public outreach program, including public meetings and online engagement. We encourage you to attend the Housing Plan Open House which will take place on June 6 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Midvale City Hall. The Open House will offer the public an opportunity to learn about Midvale’s housing stock and current market trends, as well as provide feedback on how best to address Midvale’s housing needs. This will be an Open House format, please stop by ny time. City staff will be on hand to provide information, gather input and answer questions. We also encourage you to take the Housing Plan Survey which is available online at www.midvalecity.org/Housing-Survey. It is expected that the survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. We appreciate your input!